This post will explain hkcmd. If you’re perplexed by the hkcmd.exe (Intel Hotkey command activator) process, buckle up due to the fact that we’re going to deep-dive into this ‘mystical’ Windows process. According to our research, it is a genuine Windows process which you can typically discover in your Task Manager. When genuine, and not a masquerading virus, it can be discovered in the C: \ Windows \ System32 \ folder. Albeit safe, there are circumstances where it can adversely affect your system and wind up monopolizing all of your computer’s resources.
Know How To Fix hkcmd.exe Error on Windows
In this article, you can know about hkcmd here are the details below;
This is frequently the case if that stated hkcmd is an infection or malware disguising itself as a legitimate system process.Fortunately, if you come across such concern, there are a couple of quick fixes you can follow to eliminate the problem. However before that, let’s very first know what hkcmd is.
What is hkcmd?
Hkcmd is short for Intel Graphics Hot Key Control Module, a part of Intel’s Typical User Interface. In Windows 7 and earlier versions, this process is the one responsible for the video-related hotkeys. Also check ffxiv unable to complete version check.
It can usually be found within the folder pointed out above. However, if you discover it somewhere else, it can be an indication that it’s a virus and must be eliminated immediately. According to Neuber, most of individuals say it’s harmless:
Bear in mind that the real file shouldn’t be uninstalled. Rather, you can disable the hotkeys via a section in the Intel Graphics Control window.
Also, remember that this procedure is just special to Windows 7 and previous variations, as the later versions of the OS presently use lgfxhk.exe.
Typical symptoms of an hkcmd.exe infection
– Files may be erased or encrypted
– You get different type of pop-ups or alert messages
– Unwanted activity in the computer
– Alteration of the default online search engine, internet browser homepage, and some other browser settings
– Sluggish computer system performance
– Anti-virus or firewall software shuts down
– Unable to have an internet connection or low internet speed
– Various redirects to distrustful third-party websites
– Numerous set up applications will not run
– Files may be deleted or secured
How to fix hkcmd.exe mistakes
If your computer system has a malicious hkcmd.exe file, it can be alarming as it can substantially impact its performance. Luckily, it’s not that hard to fix this issue. Here are some of the easiest methods you can utilize:
1st Fix (Start-up Disable).
A fix that’s advised by Appuals includes the removal of the hkcmd.exe procedure from your Job Manager. As pointed out earlier, it’s not encouraged to uninstall it as it can break your Intel Common Interface. Also check system ui isn’t responding.
What you can do, rather, is to prevent it from showing up throughout startup by disabling it from the Intel Extreme Graphics user interface. Here’s how:.
- Open your Control Panel by clicking the Start button or pressing the Windows key then typing Control Panel.
- From there, click Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel, click Standard Mode, then pick the Options and Support tab. Afterward, merely uncheck the box right next to Hot Secret Performance to disable it.
You can likewise uninstall the process together with its parent application if you select.
Doing so includes eliminating the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator which can be performed in a few actions:.
- Press Windows secret + R then get in “appwiz.cpl” in the search bar and press Enter. This will return you to the Programs and Functions area.
- In the new window, merely find the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator and uninstall it by best clicking then clicking Uninstall.
Once you’re done, the hkcmd.exe process need to no longer exist in your Job Supervisor, unless it’s an infection or malware in disguise.
Second Fix (Reinstall Graphic Drivers).
This 2nd fix is nearly similar to the first one other than that you’ll have to reinstall your Intel Graphics drivers on your computer.
In case you didn’t know, these are the ones that utilize the hkcmd.exe file. By doing this, you can deal with the problem related to hkcmd.exe on your PC. The actions are as follows:.
- Go to your computer system’s Device Manager section by pushing the Windows secret + R at the same time.
- On the search bar, merely type “devmgmt.msc” then press Go into.
- On the Device Supervisor window, locate Display adapters then click the right arrow beside it to open a dropdown.
- Click your graphics motorist, right click it, then select Residences.
- Once a brand-new window pops up, select the Driver tab then choose the Uninstall Device alternative.
- After that, simply restart your computer system.
This technique will eliminate your graphics motorist and sometimes distort your screen. However, rebooting will enable Windows to update the driver automatically. In this case, it will refresh the hkcmd.exe file, for this reason permitting your system to regain its smooth efficiency. Also check surface pro 3 stylus not working.
3rd Fix (Malware Scan).
Among the most common issues with executable files is that they can quickly get contaminated with malware and infections. In the event they manage to get into your system, they will trigger a great deal of problems such as stealing vital information, impacting your computer system’s performance, and more.
For the most part, they can cause fatal mistakes which could prevent a system from working.
To do a full scan, merely use an anti-virus to discover the existence of a hkcmd.exe virus/malware posing as an authentic system process. There are different tools offered such as SpyHunter and Malwarebytes to assist you.
4th Fix (System File Checker).
You can likewise run the System File Checker, a Windows energy which has the capability to scan for any missing or corrupted files in your system and replace them with the original.
This feature is readily available in Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10. Here’s how:.
- Open the command timely by clicking the Start button and typing “cmd”. Ensure you run it as an administrator by best clicking then choosing “Run as administrator”.
- A prompt requesting for access will appear. Merely click Yes.
- On the command timely, type “sfc/ scannow” without the quotes then push Go into.
- The utility will then scan the system submits in your computer, including the hkcmd.exe. This may take around a few minutes depending on your system.
- Once it’s done scanning, you will see a number of on-screen commands. Restart your computer afterward.
Online forum Feedback.
We examined some popular forums to get a sense of what users are stating about this Intel Graphics Hot Secret Control Module. Most of styles related to start-up procedures, bad image issues, determination modules, and its relationship with igfxpers.
Over on Neuber.com, they specify this Intel software application as a graphics hotkey interceptor that can be accessed within your computer system’s Control Panel under Intel Extreme Graphics.
One user advised eliminating it if you don’t utilize keyboard shortcuts.
However, another user was more suspicious about it potentially being a trojan virus or malware- possibly gathering your keyboard keystrokes and complaining that information. Another individual was suspicious because he stated that Regedit, tasklist, HijackThis could not be opened up while this particular procedure with running.
Another user had an unusual mistake– their mouse pointer would move sporadically, freeze up and even vanish on account of this process.
Another computer system owner stated that on his Windows operating system he wasn’t able to utilize particular Control-Alt keyboard commands up until he had removed it.
Over in the Microsoft assistance community, one person posted speculating that it was a virus on his Windows 10 os.
Bleeping computer says that it is a valid program and it depends on your discretion whether you wish to remove it or perhaps run it at startup. They go on to explain that it is set up by the Intel 810 and 815 chipset graphic motorists.
Another computer system user published to Reddit’s tech assistance neighborhood stating that they were getting the following error code: “C: \ Windows \ System32 \ igfxress.dll is either not developed to work on Windows or it consists of a mistake. Attempt installing the program once again.”.
Regrettably, nobody reacted to his support demand– so this error concern is presently unresolved.
Handling a troublesome hkcmd.exe process can be done rapidly and quickly using the stated fixes. However, in the event none of the above works, your last alternative ought to be to set up a clean copy of your preferred Windows variation.