The biggest news from #NerdFest, aka the 2016 San Diego Comic-Con
- The 2016 San Diego Comi-Con saw the best of nerd culture, marketing, movies, TV shows and technology collide.
- The first look of "Justice League." It'll be out in November 2017 and is all about Bruce Wayne's recruiting efforts.
- Gal Gadot playing Wonder Woman in an origins story of sorts in "Wonder Woman." The movie hits theaters on June 2, 2017.
- Academy Award winner Brie Larson is the newest addition to the Marvel family: she's playing Captain Marvel in a one-off movie, which is also Marvel's first female-led movie.
Call me Captain Marvel. pic.twitter.com/IgqRIb9ijM
— Brie Larson (@brielarson) July 24, 2016
This was a long time coming.
- A new trailer for "Doctor Strange" *sigh* that will give Benedict Cumberbatch lovers something to look forward to. The movie rolls out on Nov. 4, 2016.
- Wait, there's more from Cumberbatch, like the new "Sherlock" teaser.
- A bunch of Marvel Netflix series released their first looks, like "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." Season 4, "Luke Cage," "Iron Fist" and "The Defenders." Also, the Ghostrider will join the "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." cast.
They also teased Season 3 of "Daredevil."
- A much awaited new trailer for "Suicide Squad" with music by Twenty One Pilots' "Heathens,” Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa & Imagine Dragons with Logic & Ty Dolla $ign ft. X Ambassadors' “Sucker For Pain,” and Skrillex & Rick Ross’ “Purple Lamborghini.” The movie is out on Aug. 5, 2016.
- A new, weird Marvel show called "The Legion" that follows David Haller, a schizophrenic who sees visions that might actually be real. The show debuts in early 2017.
- New characters in "Injustice 2" where popular DC legends duke it out. The game comes out in 2017.
- Hideo Kojima released the logo movie for Kojima Productions, his new company after leaving Konami Digital Entertainment.
Here's a look at his game "Death Stranding" which stars "The Walking Dead" actor Norman Reedus. This trailer was first shown at Sony's E3 press conference.
- "The Walking Dead" producers had a hard time to not reveal last season's cliffhanger in the trailer for Season 7.
- There was some great news from "The Big Bang Theory" panel when they spoke about their cast additions for the new season.
- The "Guardians of the Galaxy" also released the first poster and introduced Peter Quill's father, "Ego the living planet."
Here's our list of some of the biggest announcements and trailers at the event.
P.S. Major production houses decided to release all trailers simultaneously on YouTube so that you don't have to look at a grainy and shaky mobile video of a trailer shot at a weird angle.
Get Kicker in your inbox!
Anugya is originally from New Delhi, India. She studied journalism at the CUNY Graduate School of Journalism in New York, graduating with a master's in international reporting. She plans to travel one day to all the places she reads about. She likes reading fiction, pop music, and going to the beach, but absolutely hates anyone mangling or shortening her name (which is quite common). She binge watches Korean dramas and anime series. She's a freelance writer and has produced content that has appeared in NBC, The Times of India, Time Out Delhi, and other publications.